Monday, June 11, 2012

Shiny and New

My library trip proved very fruitful.  I went through the entire Health/Fitness section of my public library.  (Holy Fad Diets, Batman!)  These were the ones I decided were worth a closer look.

I actually went through all of these books and read two of them cover to cover.  A few people commented on my last post about The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno.  My library didn't have it in stock so I had to order it. I can't wait to check it out.

I truly believe calorie counting is the way to go.  I have never ever counted calories.  It terrifies me. Seems so scary.  But with MyFitnessPal it is worth a try.  That website is the best.  I decided to do the Curves Eating Plan.  This is the low down:

  • 3 phases:  1 Week=1200 calories, 3 Weeks=1500 calories, 2 Weeks=2000 calories  (The idea is to diet for a month and maintain for 2 weeks. Keeps your metabolism up and teaches you how to maintain.)
  • Pick either High Carb or High Protein.  (I decided to start off with the high carb.  This means 137 g of carbs and 91 grams of protein each day.)
  • Exercise at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.  (My workout schedule is 45 minutes of cardio 3 times a week and 45 minutes of weights 2 times a week.)
I know this will work.  It will be a major challenge though.  I was getting about 1200 calories on the Fat Smash Diet but this is different because I need to spread my out my calories like this..
  • Breakfast: 200 cal
  • 2 Snacks: 100 cal each
  • Lunch/Dinner:  400 cal each
 I also have to make sure that I get the right ratio of fat/protein/carb.  If it weren't for MyFitnessPal I wouldn't stand a chance! It took me a while to figure it all out but in the end I am happy with what I came up with.  (Don't I sound all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.  Ah...the hope that comes with a new diet.)

I made a bunch of steel cut oats with blueberries for breakfast.

Don't they look adorable in these mason jars?? I got the idea from this "Refrigerator Oatmeal" recipe which I will post all about later.

I tried to make my lunch super yummy and veggie packed.

Pretty, huh?

One of my snacks is a smoothie with plain unsweetened kefir and mango.  I put the kefir and mango in the little canister and brought it to work like that.  I'm leaving the blender base in the break room for super easy convenient snacks!

I need to find something that I can stick to long term.  And I need to learn how to maintain.  I really hope I found something here!! Cheer me on :-)

Just a quick hair photo... made up this weird bun. With the summer heat I need my hair off my face!
 
Kinda cool!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your new plan! I've been counting calories and using MyFitnessPal. May 1st I started limiting my calories to 1600/day. So far things are going great. I started after reading Sean Anderson's Transformation Road. In my first 40 days, I only went over my limit one day which was this last Saturday at my nephew's birthday party. It can be done.

    ReplyDelete

Here's your chance to address that Pink Elephant in the room....