4 Poblano Peppers
1 can Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
1.5 cup cooked Brown Rice
1.5 cup Corn
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 T Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Move oven rack to highest shelf and turn broiler on High. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds and stems. Place peppers skin side up directly on rack and broil until skin black and blistered, about 4 minutes.
- Make filling by mixing beans, rice, corn and oil in a bowl.
- Remove skin from poblano peppers. Stuff with filling. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Goat Cheese Portabello Naan Pizza
1 Mini Whole Wheat Naan
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 t Garlic Powder
1/2 cup Baby Portabello Mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup Baby Spinach, chopped
1 T Crumbled Goat Cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place naan on aluminum foil. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Top with tomatoes, mushrooms, goat cheese and spinach.
- Place the aluminum foil with the naan directly on oven rack. Bake for 12 minutes.
2 T EVOO
1 Eggplant, chopped
1 Zucchini, chopped
10 oz baby Spinach
1 15-oz can tomato Sauce
1/2 c fresh Parsely, chopped
14 oz prepared Polenta, sliced
1 1/2 c part-skim Mozzerella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook eggplant and zucchini in oil for 6 mins, or just until tender.
- Add spinach and 1/2 c water. Cover and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Add tomato sauce and heat through.
- Remove from heat and add parsley.
- Put slices of polenta on bottom of casserole dish. Top with half of the cheese. Top with eggplant mixture. Top with the rest of the cheese. Bake 15 minutes, or until cheese in melted and casserole is bubbly.
Broccoli Cheddar Crustless Quiche
12 Eggs, scrambled
1 t Mrs Dash Seasoning
3 c Broccoli, cut into flowerettes
3/4 c LF Cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave broccoli on High 3 mins.
- Spray a pie pan with cooking spray. Layer the broccoli in the pan and top with cheese.
- Pour the eggs on top of the broccoli & cheese layer. Sprinkle with Mrs Dash Seasoning.
- Put in oven and bake for 35 mins.
Lentil Quinoa Salad
1/2 c Quinoa, rinsed
1/2 c Brown Lentils, rinsed
2 T Dijon Mustard
2 T Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 t Garlic Powder
1 Lime, zested
2 Scallions, chopped
1 T Cilantro, chopped
- In a large microwave-proof bowl with a cover, add quinoa and 1 1/4 cups water. Cover and microwave on high for 9 minutes. Let it sit for 2 minutes then stir.
- Make dressing by mixing together the mustard, vinegar, oil, garlic powder and lime zest.
- Mix the quinoa, lentils, dressing, green onions, and chopped cilantro.
Veggie Lover's Pasta Salad (7 servings)
1 box Barilla Whole Wheat Pasta
1 can Artichoke Hearts, rinsed, drained, and quartered
1 can Black Olives, rinsed and drained
1 can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 cups Grape Tomatoes, halved
1 English Cucumber, chopped
1 bunch Italian Parsley, chopped
Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
1 cup Ken's Light Northern Italian Dressing
1/2 cup Feta Cheese
Boil the pasta according to directions on box. Drain and mix with all the other ingredients. Let sit at least 2 hours before serving. I put each serving over a bed of baby spinach. YUMS!
Avocado Portabella Sandwiches (1 serving)
1 Portabella Mushroom Cap
1 t Olive Oil
1 t Mrs Dash Seasoning (or any yummy steak seasoning)
1/4 Avocado, sliced
1 T Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Mini Whole Wheat Pita
Rub the mushroom with olive oil and seasoning, grill or pan fry until tender. Toast the pita and spread 1 T yogurt on each side. Place the avocado on the pita and top with the mushroom cap.
Blue Chicken Tacos (Serves 4)
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 16-oz bottle salsa verde
1 T cumin
8 blue corn taco shells
1 avocado, sliced into 8 sections
1 c fat-free plain greek yogurt
1 cup spring mix lettuce
Place the chicken thighs, 1 cup of the salsa, and cumin in a slow cooker. Cook on High 3 hours. Remove the chicken. Shred and stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa. Fill each taco shell with chicken, lettuce, one slice of avocado, and greek yogurt.
Mexican Jicama Soup (6 Servings)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 cups cooked Chickpeas (or 1 15-oz can)
1 Jicama, peeled and chopped
1 tsp Cumin
4 cups Water
1 tbsp No Sodium Bullion
4 cups Baby Spinach
Cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft, 3 minutes. Add the chickpeas, jicama, cumin, water, and bullion, simmer 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the spinach.
Spaghetti Squash Soup (10 Servings, Fat Smash Phase 1)
1 Spaghetti Squash (about 2 lb), cooked and loosened into strands*
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 8-oz bags of cleaned and cut Mirepoix
4 cups Baby Bella Mushrooms, quartered
2 15-oz cans No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
8 cups water
2 tbsp No Sodium Bullion
1 tbsp Fresh Thyme, minced
6 oz Baby Spinach (about 8 cups)
In a large pot, cook the Mirepoix in oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes. Add the water and bullion, simmer 20 minutes. Stir in the squash and Thyme, simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the spinach until wilted.
Stuffed Poblano Soup (8 Servings)
4 cups cooked Brown Rice
1 lb extra lean Ground Beef
2 large Onions, diced
2 14-oz cans No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
1 14-oz can No Salt Added Tomato Sauce
2 cups water
2 tbsp No Sodium Bullion
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
8 tbsp grated Parmesan
Brown meat in a large pot. Drain fat. Add onions and peppers, cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add the tomatoes, sauce, water, bullion, Italian seasoning and simmer, covered for 30 minutes. Top each serving with 1/2 cup brown rice and 1 tbsp Parmesan.
Banana Soft Serve "Ice Cream"
You just cut up a banana and freeze it. Put it in a food processor with some vanilla extract and cinnamon. Run the food processor until it looks just like this!
Lime Soup (5 Servings)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, diced
1 Poblano, diced
1 tsp each: Cumin, Allspice, Cinnamon
3 Plum Tomatoes, diced
6 cup Water
2 tbsp No-Sodium Bullion
3 Limes, one sliced thin, the others juiced
1 cup fresh Cilantro, diced
3 cup Chicken, cooked and diced
1 Avocado, diced small
Cook the onion and poblano in the oil for 3 minutes until tender. Add the spices and stir. Add the tomatoes, water, bullion, lime slices. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, cilantro, and chicken. Top each serving with avocado.
Tempeh Portabella Stir Fry (2 Servings, Fat Smash Phase 1)
1/2 package of Tempeh
1 T Mrs Dash Seasoning
1 Portabella Mushroom, chopped big
1 Broccoli Crown, separated into pieces
1 T fresh Ginger, grated
4 T Stir Fry Sauce
1 T Water
2 C Cooked Brown Rice
In a wok or frying pan, cook the Tempeh and Mrs Dash seasoning. Crumble the Tempeh as it cooks until its nice and brown. Add the mushroom, broccoli, ginger, stir fry sauce, and water. Turn to coat. Cook covered 4 minutes until broccoli is crisp-tender and bright green. Serve over brown rice.
Tomato Basil Soup (Fat Smash Phase 1: Detox)
2 large sweet onions, sliced
1 tbsp canola oil
3 zucchini, sliced
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
1 bunch of fresh basil, torn into pieces
grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook the onions in the oil until soft.
- Add the zucchini and Italian seasoning and cook 10 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and fill the can with water and add that as well.
- Simmer, uncovered 25 minutes. Remove from heat, add the fresh basil.
- Stir in the basil.
- Top each bowl with Parmesan cheese.
Beef Taquitos (6 Servings, 9 PointsPlus)
1 lb 95% Lean Ground Beef
1 cup Salsa
1 tbsp Cumin
1 c Fat-Free Shredded Cheddar
18 Small Corn Tortillas
- Cook the beef, drain any fat, add the salsa, cumin and cheddar.
- Warm the tortillas. Roll up a small amount of the beef mixture in each one. (I think I put a little too much filling in mine...they were a bit too fat.)
- Place on a baking sheet. Spray with olive oil cooking spray.Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes until crispy.
2 Small Corn Tortillas
Olive Oil Cooking spray
- Line oven rack with foil and heat to 400 degrees. Cut the tortillas into wedges with pizza cutter to make 8 wedges per tortilla (16 total).
- Place the tortilla wedges in single layer on the foil. Spray with cooking spray. Bake 8-10 minutes.
Chicken Enchiladas (10 Servings, 6 PointsPlus)
3 Chicken Breasts
2 T Mrs Dash Chicken Seasoning
1 Zucchini, diced
1 cup Salsa
1 cup Part Skim Ricotta Cheese (I know this sounds weird but it's awesome. You can also use fat free plain greek yogurt instead.)
4 cups Fat-Free Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 T Cumin
20 Small Corn Tortillas
Optional: 0.5 cup Jalepeno Slices
Season chicken breasts with Mrs. Dash seasoning.
Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
Dice the cooked chicken breast.
In a bowl, mix the zucchini, chicken, salsa, ricotta, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, and cumin.
Place the rolled up enchiladas in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. (I need to use two baking dished and put 10 enchiladas in each one.)
Pour enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining cheddar. (Optional: Top with sliced Jalepenos.)
Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
Puerta Rican Stew (8 Servings, 5 PointsPlus)
1.5 c water
1 bunch cilantro
2 poblano peppers
6 garlic cloves
1 medium onion
2 lb chicken breast
1 tbsp no-sodium chicken bullion
1 tbsp cumin
1 lb red potatoes, cubed
1 c fat-free mozzarella, shredded
In a blender, liquify the water, cilantro, poblanos, jalepenos, garlic, and onion until it forms a thick green sauce. Put potatoes and chicken in crock pot. Pour the sauce on top and add the bullion and cumin.
Stir and cook on high for 6 hours. Shred the chicken breast and return to crock pot. Salt to taste. Serve with cheese sprinkled on top.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced (I bought 2 bags of cleaned-cut leeks because cleaning all the sand out of leeks is a big pain.)
4 c water
2 tbsp no-sodium chicken bullion
1.5 c 2% milk
0.5 c steel cut oats
salt to taste
0.5 c sliced chives for garnish
In a large pot, cook the leeks in the oil for 15 mins over medium heat.
Pink Elephant's Quickie Soup
I put a flour tortilla in a bowl, put 3 oz of chopped chicken breast in it, and then covered it with tomato sauce and one low fat string cheese. I microwaved it for a minute and this is what came out. An 8 PointsPlus dinner. The tortilla got all crunchy and formed a bowl in itself. Tasty!
Chicken Zucchini Lasagna (8 Servings, 7 PointsPlus, 297 Calories)
2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
1 zucchini, diced extremely fine in food processor
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced (I use food processor)
1 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
3 onions, chopped
2 28-oz cans crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
In a saucepan, cook onions in oil until fragrant. Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, and Italian seasoning. Stir, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 mins.
Prepare filling: In a large bowl, mix ricotta, zucchini, and chicken.
Layer Lasagna: In a 9x13 casserole dish, spread some of the sauce on the bottom, add a layer of lasagna noodle, then layer of filling, then more sauce. Repeat twice.
(There will be a lot of sauce...it will cook way down if you leave it uncovered. If you like it *wetter* cover with foil while cooking.)
Chunky Monkey Oatmeal (Makes 6 1-cup servings. 5 PointsPlus)
(Sorry! No photo.)
1 cup steel cut oats
1.5 cup water
1.5 cup 2% milk
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 banana, mashed/diced
2 tbsp all natural peanut butter (ingredients should only say "peanuts")
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
Put everything (except the chocolate chips) in a crock pot sprayed with cooking spray. Stir and cook on low for 7 hours. Top each 1 cup serving with 1 tsp chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
4 c Brussels Sprouts, chopped
2 T basting oil (or olive oil)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix oil and sprouts. Bake for 20 minutes.