Tuesday, October 2, 2012

End of Daze & Weigh-In

It took all week but I finally snapped out of my daze.  It wasn't a pleasant awakening....  I felt like Rip Van Winkle.  I had been out of it for a long time and didn't even know it.  Worst of all, life (and the scale) had continue to go on without me.  I found I had gained 20 pounds in the last 3 months. I have a lot of work to do.  So much work.

I had to ease into it and gave myself a lot of flexibility last week.  I went out to eat.  I snacked more than I should have.  But I also got to the gym four times. I got all my weight workouts in.  Being on the elliptical was painful.  I can't believe the difference 20 pounds and 3 months of immobility can make.  I just keep telling myself it will get better.

I spent Sunday prepping prepping prepping.  I made this UH-MAY-ZING Lentil Quinoa Salad.

I grilled a lot of chicken and boiled a lot of eggs.  I made a ton of green salads in plastic containers to keep on hand. (Cuke, Carrots, Chickpeas, Baby Spinach, 1 T Craisens, 1 T Walnuts)

I made this tasty Broccoli Cheddar Breakfast casserole.

I cut it into 6 pieces and put them each in individual plastic baggies.  That with a piece of fruit makes for a fast and delicious healthy breakfast!

I have been trying to make myself feel like some one worth taking care of. It's hard when your clothes don't fit and you feel uncomfortable.  I've been doing my hair and makeup.  Does it make me super shallow that stuff like that actually works wonders for me??

Nails: Paint nails a neutral color. Let dry.  Dip in water for 5 seconds, hold a piece of newspaper to the nail for 5 seconds.  Top with clear.


Makeup:  Ulta is having an enormous sale! Hello BrONzERs!! And mAsCAra!! And eye sHAdoW!!

I love this baked bronzer as a highlight. Perfect!




ULTA


And I love this bronzer for contouring.
 ULTA

These bronzers are normally $10 and $15.  But they are on sale for $5 each. AND THEN...there is a $5 off $10 purchase. So you can get these for $2.50 each. **Be still my heart!**

I am still trying to find a GREAT mascara.  I really like Rimmel Glam Eyes.
 ULTA

I also really like Maybeline Define-a-Lash.
 ULTA
But I want to find something new.  Any ideas??? Any mascaras that make you say "wow" when you put it on?

I traded in my bribe gift from Hubs.  As much as I wanted to love the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette...I just didn't.  The colors were muddy and not pigmented.  I traded it in for the Lorac Pro Palette.  Good call!! I love love love it!
ULTA
It's so hard to tell in photos...but it's natural, bright, versatile, and oh-so-pretty.  There are 8 matte shades (on top) and 8 shimmer (NOT sparkly) shades (on bottom).  Highly recommend this palette!

Here's another one.  What do you guys think??


Hair:  Just been playing around with it....here's something I came up with that I thought was kinda cute.
 

Now, for the weigh-in....drum roll not necessary....

Weight:
255.4

Week Loss:
-3.6

I will post the recipes for that Broccoli Cheddar Breakfast Casserole and the Lentil Quinoa Salad.  Stay tuned!

  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome weigh in!

    And wow all that food and preparation looks awesome, I'm sure its going to be a much smoother week because of all that! I need to work on preparing it in advance.

    ReplyDelete

Here's your chance to address that Pink Elephant in the room....