Thursday, October 18, 2012

What's Cookin' Good Lookin' ?

I have been cooking like crazy trying to get some tried and true vegetarian recipes in my personal cookbook.  So far everything has been a major success.  I will be doing some rapid fire blogging very soon and posting all the recipes.

Even though I am in the middle of painting my cupboards and remodeling my kitchen....which means my kitchen resembles some of the deepest levels of Dante's Inferno...."Abandon all hope ye who enter here"




I have still managed to get in there and work around wet paint and rollers to make sure I stick to my healthy way of eating. I am loving this Mediterranean Diet and if the scale loves it on Saturday (my weigh in day) then I will be in heaven! I mean really, take a look at my lunch from yesterday.

No, it's not Chobani Yogurt.  My mom uses old food containers for Tupperware.  I like to think it's because she is thrifty and eco-friendly rather than fairly confident that I won't ever return her containers.  Which, despite every good intention I never do.  Anyways, what you see is actually Butternut Squash Bisque with a whole wheat pita and glass of red wine.  So satisfying!  I got a set of those wine glasses at the thrift store for $1.99 each. Turns out they are really high quality crystal. Score!

Hubs and I usually start our meal with a hummus appetizer with whole wheat pita.

(Hummus with olive oil and walnuts sprinkled on top.)

Some other tasty treats I have made are....


Mukimame Quinoa


Black Bean Burgers


Dolmades Casserole


Eggplant Polenta


I have been eating so good! The best part is that my jeans even feel loser and it's only been a few days.  They are buttoned right now WITHOUT the aid of a rubber band.  I am making progress people!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's your chance to address that Pink Elephant in the room....