Monday, February 6, 2012

Well, Here We Go Again

The next time you look at a fat girl and say, "Man, she should go on a diet", rest assured she probably is already on one. Or is rebounding from one. Or about to start one Monday. My highest weight was 275 lb. Since I don't play for the NFL or NBA, that was pretty heavy. Over the past four years I have managed to carve off 30 lbs. I have yo-yo'd but pretty much find myself leveling off right at 245 lb. Which is where I find myself today on this beautiful Monday morning full of hope and possibilities.

I decided to do WeightWatchers. I needed my first week back on the wagon to be as easy and cushy as possible. I bought a bunch of SmartOnes for lunch because I had this amazing coupon for $5 off 12.

I weighed-in at 244.8 lb. Resting Heart Rate 75.

When I rolled out of bed this morning, I headed straight for the kitchen, grabbed my over-sized lunch bag and threw in my water bottle, hard boiled egg, banana, SmartOne, yogurt, grapefruit, string cheese, apple, diet ginger-ale, and some cut-up cucumber. I may have over did it, but I am scared of giving up too soon if I don't have plenty of point friendly food on hand.



















This fun calculator told me that I need to eat 31
points a day. And fruits and veggies are free.

This not-so-fun calculator told me my BMI is 44.9. And then added insult to injury by placing me in the Grade 3 Obesity category which has an additional title of "Morbidly Obese". I have to lose 4.9 points off my BMI just to get down into the Grade 2 Obesity category which they didn't even bother to give a description.

After I grabbed my food I also grabbed my new gym bag that I got at Goodwill.
















Then I headed out the door. Got to the gym before work. And walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes. At the break-neck speed of 2.5 mph.

















Losing 100 pounds is going to be GREAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's your chance to address that Pink Elephant in the room....