Monday, February 27, 2012

Week 3 Weigh-In: 243.8 (-3.8 lb)

I am really happy with my number this week. Losing 3.8 lb is really great. It's extremely depressing that I went so far off the deep end Week 2 and gained over 5 lbs. I do that all the time. It's so typical. How do I stop that? I hate this one step forward, two steps back cycle. It's so self destructive. And pointless.

The one good thing about not having given up totally is that I am making progress on the *exercise* side of things. I took it pretty easy for the first three weeks. I walked on the treadmill at a very easy pace. I didn't want to hurt myself and more importantly I wanted to give myself time to build up some muscle and flexibility. This morning I was able to pick up the pace and do intervals with raising the incline up to a 10 every five minutes. I really had a *workout*. It felt good. No pain in my hip or in my plantar fasciitis.

Look at how far I walked and how many calories I burned in 45 mins!















I am really happy with how I'm eating and my workout schedule. Weight watchers is easy to follow. I love my free day each week. And getting to the gym Mon-Fri is very doable. Almost enjoyable. It's just my brain. I get this "freak out, out of control" attack and just shove food in my face. Its so connected to my view of myself. Which changes with the weather. When I feel good and healthy, I eat good and healthy. When I was really young I always felt huge. I felt like a fat girl and so I ate like a fat girl. There didn't seem to be any point to eating healthy or taking care of my body. And I still fall into that. I feel like junk. So I eat accordingly.

I have everything I need to break that cycle. I just need to keep working at it every single day.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your loss! That's a job well done! :) Glad to see you're doing so well with your exercise, that will definitely help you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on both the loss and exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What all do you do in the gym? Like did you only walk on the treadmill for 45min? Asking as you lost about 4 lbs in a week that is huge! I am trying for long but can't kick my weight off because of my sweet tooth.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leena. Yup, usually I just walk on the treadmill at an embarrassing slow speed. But sometimes I do 30 mins on the treadmill and then 15 on the elliptical.

    ReplyDelete

Here's your chance to address that Pink Elephant in the room....