Monday, February 20, 2012

Week 2 Weigh-In: 247.6 (+5.6)

You know how I was complaining about all my pants being too baggy? It's no longer an issue. I gained 5.6 lb this week. Nice, huh? I have always prided myself on my problem solving skills.

On a not totally unrelated note, I watched the entire first season of Gilmore Girls this week. I had never seen a single episode. I had heard of it but thought it was kinda like Jersey Shore or Gossip Girl....which I haven't seen either...but seems really shallow and boring. It is nothing like that. It's right up my alley with a small town setting, idealistic mother-daughter relationship, teenage angst and a lot of "he loves me, he loves me not" thrown in for good measure.

Watching an entire season of a TV show in a single week (actually, it was more like a long weekend) takes commitment and determination. I didn't have time for distractions like going to the gym. It also snowed enough to have our normal weekend obligations cancelled (yay). This combination of copious amounts of TV and snow morphed into this unquenchable craving for Chinese food. And during the hours of 11am and 3pm you can get an entree, fried rice, and an egg roll for $4.95. So I did...about three times. Which I'm guessing adds up to roughly 5.6 pounds of General Tsao....who (just for the record) was way more good looking on my PLATE than he is on my butt.

I went to the gym this morning. Bright and early. Walked on the treadmill, watched Big Cats on Animal Planet. I am hoping for a huge number this week. Like a 10 pound loss. Ok, ok, I will be happy with 8 pounds. Dream big, right? I have this event this weekend that I would really like to look nice at...these 254 calories burned should help.


2 comments:

  1. I love Gilmore Girls, I have all the seasons. It's a great show, and I watch it still from time to time.

    Sorry you gained, but now you're doing the right thing - just keeping up the work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a couple pounds can make your clothes no longer fit.... but it takes a good 10-15 to see a difference in them when they're tight. Such is life... keep going. Do you track your calories or what is your method of planning? I am a new follower and you may have covered it in a post already, so I'll browse around. I have found that without tracking and sticking to a limit on calories though.... it's easy to regain and do it rather quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Here's your chance to address that Pink Elephant in the room....