Thursday, March 15, 2012

Good Morning

I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. So I am astounded that I have been going to the gym in the morning before work. This has been going on for some time. When I wake up in the morning I always think to myself, "Eh, forget the gym today." Always. That's the thought that welcomes me every morning. I immediately love this great idea and quickly calculate how long I get to sleep in if I skip the gym but still carpool with Hubby (cuz I loves to). The answer? About a half hour. Not good enough. So then I start to think about just driving myself which would buy me another 30 minutes. Then I remember how much I really love carpooling and decide to just get up and go to the gym. But the thing is, I really like going early. Here's why.
  1. Carpooling with Hubby. We get to talk and chat for an extra 40 minutes each day. He is way more entertaining than the morning radio show people. If it's snowing, the car is already cleaned off when I walk outside. I get to sit back and relax on the way to work instead of concentrating on driving.
  2. The Gym is Empty. There's no fighting for machines or dumbbells. I have my pick of shower stalls. I get to get dressed and undressed all by my lonesome (for the most part).
  3. Getting Ready for Work is Easier. Going to the gym in the morning demands that you prepare ahead. I already have my socks, undies, pants and shirt all neatly folded in my gym bag. There is no frantic panic about *what-to-wear* when I get out of the shower. It's all figured out.
  4. Getting There. Getting to the gym actually HAPPENS. I don't have 8 extra hours of mishaps and negative thoughts to get in the way of me getting to the gym. After I battle that initial sabotaging *waking-up-thought*, it's smooth sailing.
  5. It Feels Good. Working out early sets the tone for the day. After sweating on the treadmill I'm less likely to snag a doughnut from the Break Room. I feel so accomplished. The day is already a success. I just have to keep it that way!

I have been snagging something ELSE from the Break Room these days. Coffee. I have never liked or drank coffee my entire life. (I'm not talking about the sugar-milk-chocolate concoctions from Starbucks...I of course have enjoyed those.) I have always wanted to like coffee because people look so cool drinking it. Every once in a while I try some just to make sure it's still icky. I would always load it with cream and sugar but still nothing. Not good. How do people DRINK this stuff?? But the other day Starbucks was giving out samples of their new Blonde Roast coffee. And I had a sip. Black. And it was.....ok....not great, but ok. For the last few weeks I have been having a cup of coffee with my breakfast when I am at work. So 3 days a week I have one cup of black coffee. And the more time that passes, the more I really enjoy it. Doesn't it look cute in my mug with my 6 PointsPlus YoGreek Crunch parfait??















Here is what I did this morning on the treadmill. Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's your chance to address that Pink Elephant in the room....