Thursday, March 15, 2012

Walking Buddy

I have a friend who is fatter than I am.  Just one. And she is having gastric bypass soon.  I have all these weird random emotions tied up with this fact.  First I'm worried that she will have the surgery and be smaller than me.  (I'm bad, I know...throw tomatoes at your computer screen to show your disgust...I promise I won't think less of you.)  I'm also worried that things will go bad for her.  This is a serious surgery.  But mostly I am just happy to have a walking buddy.  In the past we worked out together.  But it was really her making *plans* to workout and then her canceling and then me working out alone.  There is a notable difference now.  She makes plans and actually *shows up* which I think is an indication that she is serious this time.  Maybe knowing she is going to have surgery makes her believe it's actually going to *work* or something?  I know surgery is not a *quick-fix* or *easy answer* but, I am a little jealous.  I have looked into surgery and decided it's not for me.  But the idea that she is getting it and going to lose weight makes me feel all these things that I am not proud of.  But on the bright side, it makes her want to workout which means I get a walking buddy!

Yesterday was beautiful.  After having this for breakfast....

we went for a walk at a local park.  Even though I get frustrated living where I do because of the horrible winters, there is no denying that it has its appeal.


There is a pier that is really fun to walk down.





















And when you get to the end you can stand out on the rocks and look over the lake.


I love this part!


There is a hill you can climb up to get a better view.

Oooooh.  Pretty!

There is also this huge set of stairs you can climb...we wanted to use them for the way down, but they were chained off.  We climbed over them like miscreants.

Then I had to go to the bathroom.  Oh no!! All that healthy water drinking has come back to bite me.  We thankfully found a restroom....which was clearly for emergency use only.  Icky....

And the latch on the stall was broken so I had to do my business with the door open.  Talk about adding insult to injury.

On the way back to the car I found this on the ground....

A bullet...hmmmm.  That made me extra thankful to have a buddy with me.  Beautiful fun day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Here's your chance to address that Pink Elephant in the room....