Here's what happened. I got to the blow dryer section of the locker room first. I was drying my hair when she came in. This is a huge area. HUGE. We were the only two people in there. Yet, she plugs her dryer in RIGHT next to me. She is standing SO close that I had to be super careful to not hit her with my brush. Weird... But I didn't think too much of it. I finished up and went back to my locker. I use the SAME locker every day. And so does she. She always picks the locker right behind mine in the same little section.
She walked behind me to get to her locker and I was putting on my jacket. And I accidentally elbowed her. Not tooooo hard, but definite contact. So I go, "Oh, I'm sorry." And she didn't say anything but kinda rolled her eyes and shook her head. Did I imagine it? Just to be sure I said, "I hope I didn't hurt you." And before I could finish my sentence. She snapped, "I'm fine!" Hmmm. Guess I didn't imagine it. Then I said, "I'm only asking because you didn't say anything when..." Again before I could finish, she scoffed, rolled her eyes, said, "Excuse me!" and walked away. What was THAT about?
I tried to shrug it off. She must just be having a bad morning right? I of all people certainly can understand if someone isn't a morning person. But the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like she had something against ME. The way she gave a contemptuous laugh and shook her head. The way she refused to talk to me and then cut me off and then was snappish and then just stormed away.
Is it because I am fat?
Say whatever you want, but people do NOT like fat people. Even other fat people aren't crazy about fat people. And the poor lady does have to see me half naked almost every morning. I can see why she wouldn't be thrilled about it.
Maybe I was in "her" spot in the hair dyer area?? Looking back, the spot I picked is where she normally is. It's in the corner so you have a mirror in front of you AND a mirror next to you. Does she hate me because I snagged a valuable piece of Locker Room Real-estate?
I finally settled on the likelihood of her just being a Mean Girl. Snobby. Rude. There are plenty of people out there who are just nasty and don't need a reason. I liked this conclusion because all the blame fit nice and neat in HER lap. Which is where I liked it. But something is telling me that I did something. I am annoying. Here are some things I do at the gym which are really annoying.
- I don't always wipe off my machine when I am done. Yes, yes...I'm THAT person. But I think it's really really ridiculous to wipe off my treadmill. I barely TOUCH the thing. It's not like I am dripping sweat all over it.
- I caught myself singing in the shower one time. I promise this was not on purpose. I didn't realize I was doing it. I have become so used to showering at the gym it feels like home. It was just once and it wasn't super loud. But once is one time too many, and any volume is too loud for gym shower.
- I use my cell phone in the locker room. I do not TALK on the phone. And I do not initiate text messages. But I will reply to them. This is clearly ignoring the sign posted that says "Cell Phones Must Remain in Gym Bags at ALL Times While in the Locker Room!" I get it. You never know what sicko might be snapping photos and posting them online. But my phone is my clock. I use it to make sure I am not running late for work. And I make sure to never ever face it toward any one. But it does violate Locker Room Law.
- I use two lockers. This is annoying but there is hardly anyone there when I go. So what's the big deal. I have a LOT of stuff!
- I leave my gym bag on the locker room floor NEXT to my locker while I am showering. It's just too hard to try to pull it out when I'm just in my towel. The thing is huge and barely fits in there. It's a major ordeal getting it in and out.
What things do people do at the gym that drive YOU crazy???? Please tell me you have some ANNOYING gym habits???
On a happier note, I went to Goodwill yesterday and got some great stuff. Like this outfit.
A Lane Bryant shirt, new with tags, size 14/16. And a pair of Target jeans size 18W short. Target jeans must run huge because I am a size 22 right now. (And yes, I took this picture in the Locker Room...but it was totally empty!!! Ok....make that #6 on the list above.)
Here's a quick breakfast pic...2 eggs with fat-free mozzarella and hot sauce with one piece of Ezekiel toast. Yum!!